RSS

Peanut Butter Granola Bar Cookies

Super (and by super, I mean SUPER) easy to make! Great alternative to plain ol' peanut butter cookies!



What you need:
1 box of white cake mix
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
4-6 sweet and salty peanut butter granola bars
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 tsp shortening

Preheat you oven to 350.
In a mixer, mix together cake mix, butter, and eggs until smooth.
Using a tsp or a cookie scoop, drop some 2 inches apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Move to a cookie rack and cool completely for 20 minutes.


Since I do not have a microwave, I used a small pot to melt my peanut butter chips on low. I added a tiny tsp of creamy peanut butter so it wouldn't burn and added the shortening. 

Grab your self a cup and put a zip lock baggy inside of it and wrap the edges around the lip of cup.
Like so.

Whether using microwave or stove, Pour in zip lock baggy. 
Cut a tiny hole on the corner and drizzle some melted peanut butter on the cookies.

Let dry. I placed them in the fridge for just 5 minutes.

Next time, I think I'm going to do some peanut butter drizzle and some chocolate drizzle to go with it!


7 Lovely Thoughts:

Lisa said...

I would never have thought to add granola bars into cookies. That is such a creative and delicious idea. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet these are delicious. I love cookies that begin with a cake mix and I love the Sweet & Salty nut bars. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Kim

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those cookies look delicious and it is great that the recipe is so simple. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
Katie
Ps- I'm your newest follower!

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

Wow! Looks fantastic! Will save this recipe for future use. Thanks for sharing!

Simply Sweet 'n Savory

Unknown said...

YUMMY! these cookies are seriously giving me a hankerin'... :D

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a cookie made from a cake mix!

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/06/whisking-wednesdays-6.html

Melissa @ Cajun Sugar Pie said...

I love cake mix cookies, and these sound delicious! I'd love for you to share them at my summer dessert link party at Cajun Sugar Pie!

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Twitter!